It was a dark and stormy night…
The most overused phrase ever. Haha, well it actually is a dark and stormy night tonight, with lightning striking every few seconds, filling the night sky with brilliant flashes of white light. The thunder is rumbling like there’s no tomorrow, and it is starting to sound like World War III.
Well, what better time to write a blog post eh? The weather really sets the mood for this cheery post.
Ah the Liebster Award…I’ve heard of this award, but never thought I would be nominated! It feels good to know that there are people reading, or rather people who enjoy reading, my blog 😛
Anyway, many thanks to the lovely Gayatri for the nomination, and giving me the opportunity to take part in this fun award series. I absolutely adore your blog and your beautiful photography and delicious recipes 🙂
Well, my A levels will be ending next week, but I thought I could spare the time to squeeze in this post, since the bulk of my papers are over. *applause*
Here’s a little bit more information about this award:
The Liebster Award is an award for ‘up and coming’ bloggers with less than 200 followers.
The rules vary across the internet but here’s the set I’ll be using:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
- Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Notify your nominees by posting on their blog
Well, I decided to break away from the above set of rules, and give the award to the up and coming generation of bloggers. This award will be dedicated to the youths who are just starting blogs, and have been posting brilliant recipes and reviews which are impressive for their age. It feels rather strange to be referring to my fellow youth bloggers in third person, since I am technically one of them. Anyway, my nominees will be listed later, but first, let me answer Gayatri’s questions.
1. If you had all the money in the world, what would you do with it?
I would donate money to the needy/the people who needed it the most. Then allocate the money to the rest of the people. (Gosh, I’m so boring, I’m like the government)
Well, since there are bound to be leftovers, I would go on a long holiday with my family so that we can travel the world! Perhaps I could splurge on a nice house and finally buy myself a DSLR and a border collie!
2. What’s your favourite movie?
I don’t have a particular favorite, since so many brilliant movies keep coming out. But I did like Bee Movie, Monsters University and Alice in Wonderland. (Yes, I’m a kid at heart. Aren’t we all?)
3. What’s the most incredible thing you’ve ever eaten?
Woohoo, awesome question, but a hard one too. I’ve eaten so much good food, its hard to choose. But I would say eating a whole piece of spicy fried XXL Crispy Chicken at the Shilin Night Market in Taipei was the most incredible experience ever. Imagine eating a freshly fried piece of chicken way larger than your face in the cold night air. Ah, it was so good. But it has to be paired with the cold weather, and dark night skies, otherwise it would just be… fried chicken.
4. What’s the one thing you’ve always wanted to learn to cook yourself?
5. Where’s your dream vacation?
Take me to the Maldives <3
6. What’s your greatest fear?
Drowning in the sea… How ironic since I’m a competitive swimmer and a certified lifeguard.
7. If you sang in the shower, what’s your favourite song?
I like to move it move it. I like to move it move it. I like to… MOVE IT. Haha, the strange tastes I have in music.
8. What do you have on you all the time?
Clothes. Dear me, I thought this was a given! :O
9. Cookie or cupcake?
Cookie! Cupcakes are only pretty to look at.
10. Tea or coffee?
Or me? Haha, okay, I should stop with my jokes, I would choose Green Tea if i had to. Water is always my first choice, I’m not really a “drinks person”, I’d rather eat something
Now, on to my nominations!
The five lucky winners are… (in no particular order since they are all brilliant in their unique way)
1) Feline from http://smittenglutton.wordpress.com
2) Averlynn from http://averlynnlim.wordpress.com
3) Amanda from http://crumbsandcookies.blogspot.sg
4) Joey from http://littleaccidentsinthekitchen.blogspot.sg
5) Sophia from http://healthiepanda.blogspot.com
And my questions to you guys are…
1) Describe yourself in one word.
2) What’s your favorite food?
3) Your childhood snack growing up.
4) Your most memorable moment in 2013
5) Hard boiled or soft boiled eggs?
6) Describe your ideal weekend.
7) What would you eat for your last meal?
8) Who motivated you to start blogging?
9) Name an eatery that you’re dying to try!
10) What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Hope you guys have fun doing the questions, and may you continue to spread the love!