Its time for a recipe!
Look at the burst blobs of blueberries! (alliteration)
I came across this recipe on Dawn’s blog a while back, and I decided to give it a go.
Homemade Blueberry Bread
Recipe (makes 12 slices)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients EXCEPT the blueberries with a whisk in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- In the ‘dry ingredients’ bowl, make a well in the center and pour in the wet ingredients. Combine all the ingredients by mixing. Note: DO NOT OVERMIX. About 25 seconds of mixing should do the job. There may seem to be some lumps here and there but it’s totally fine – it’s meant to be like that!
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Grease a baking tin with oil or butter and pour in your batter.
- Gently tap the baking tin to remove any air bubbles within the batter.
- Bake for about 40 – 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.